Simple Green Salad
- Large metal bowl
- Salad spinner
- Cutting Board
- Salad servers
- 8 cups mixed greens seasonal, preferably organic
- ¾ cup gorgonzola cheese blue cheese or stilton will also work
- 1 cup walnuts pecans, slivered almonds or pepitas also work
- ¼ cup olive oil canola, vegetable, or avocado also work
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sugar organic cane preferably or maple syrup
- If not already pre-washed, wash your greens thoroughly and spin the water off or use a paper towel to blot excess moisture
- Cut the salad leafs if large into bit-sized pieces and add to a large enough bowl to toss
- Chop some of your nuts into smaller pieces and toast in a dry pan, careful not to burn then remove and transfer to a room temp or cold plate/bowl.
- Separate the cheese crumbles if needed and make sure they are not too large.
- Slice your onion in half horizontally then slice one half again through the root. Thin-slice the two quarters of the onion.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, vinegar, dijon, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the rest of the salad ingredients in the bowl with the leave, but reserve enough cheese and nuts for garnish.
- When ready to serve, lightly dress and gently toss the salad. Then, garnish with reserved cheese, nuts and any other added ingredients you wish.