Crispy Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts trimmed
- 2 tablespoons oil extra-virgin olive
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds yellow or brown
- 2 tablespoons capers drained
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice plus more if needed
Elaboración paso a paso
- Preheat oven. Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat to 425 degrees (400 degrees convection). If desired, line a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Depending on their size, cut the Brussels sprouts in halves or quarters and loosed the outer leafs until some fall off. They will become very crispy when you bake them. Place in a large bowl and toss the sprouts and leafs with the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Put some parchment paper on a sheet pan and then spread the sprouts evenly with the leafs.
- Roast on the mid-top oven rack, turning once or twice until the leafs are browned and crunchy, 20 to 25 minutes.
- As the sprouts roast, melt the butter in a small skillet or heavy saucepan (it should be no more than 6 inches across or the butter will burn). Cook over medium heat until the butter is melted. Add the mustard seeds, increase the heat to medium-high, and cook, watching the pan carefully and swirl, until the butter foams and turns golden brown (about 2 minutes). Add the capers and lemon juice and then remove from the heat right away. Season with salt and pepper to taste and keep warm until the Brussels sprouts are ready.
- Transfer the Brussels sprouts to a serving dish and add the browned butter. Toss to coat. Taste for salt, pepper, and lemon and serve quickly.