Fabulous Chicken Fajitas
- 2 tablespoons canola oil divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-½ teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-½ teaspoons oregano dried, whole mexican-style preferably
- 1-½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes crushed (optional)
- 2 pounds chicken breast boneless, skinless; cut into thin strips
- ½ red bell pepper medium-sized, sliced, length-wise
- ½ green bell pepper medieum sliced, length-wise
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- ½ cup onion red or white, chopped
- 6 flour tortillas 8 inches, warmed
Elaboración paso a paso
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Turn to coat; cover. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
- Combine chicken and cooked veggies
- Serve with warm tortillas and top with pan juices, fresh cilantro, and a squeeze of lime