Chinese Grab & Go Salad
- Large skillet
- Mixing Bowls
- Slotted Spoon
- Salad Tongs
- Paper towel holder
- Santuko Knife
- FOR THE SALAD
- 3 cup iceberg lettuce thinly sliced
- 2 cup cabbage thinly sliced
- ½ cup mandarin oranges canned and drained
- ½ cup carrots shredded
- ⅓ cup green onions thinly sliced at an angle
- 1 cup almonds slivered and toasted
- FOR THE CRISPY WONTONS
- 1 package wonton skins
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper for wontons
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 3 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ cup oil sesame preferably
- In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, red cabbage, chicken, mandarin oranges, crushed ramen noodles, carrots, green onions, and sliced almonds.
- Slice up the wonton skins, separate and carefully fry in a skillet with vegetable oil.
- Place fried wontons on paper towels to drain and sprinkle with salt and pepper while still warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, honey, sesame oil, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. Slowly drizzle in vegetable oil, whisking constantly until emulsified.
- Lightly drizzle the dressing over the salad ingredients then toss. Add some more and toss once more.
- Serve salad and garnish with crispy wontons.