Cashew Dream Stuffed Strawberries
- 1 cup raw cashews organic if possible
- ⅓ cup water filtered
- 2 tsp lemon juice fresh
- 2 tbsp brown sugar organic if possible
- 1 tsp vanilla extract real vanilla if you can not flavoring
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 teaspoon tapioca starch
- 12 strawberries fresh and ripe
- Boil cashews in filtered water for 10 minutes.
- Rinse and strain the cashews.
- Combine the cashews and the rest of the ingredients in a high-powered blender of food processor and mix on high for 5 minutes or more until very creamy.
- Let the cream refrigerate in a bowl, zip lock or pastry back for at least 3 hours.
- Evenly slice the very tips off the strawberries so that they can stand upright.
- Cut the stemmed tops off evenly and scoop out the middle of the strawberries with a straw or carefully with the tip of a knife.
- Fill each strawberry with cream once it has set for 3+ hours (see notes).
- Arrange the strawberries as you wish and then sprinkle the tops with lemon zest, fresh mint or nothing at all.
I like to use a piping bag with a fancy tip to fill the strawberries. You can also just put the cream in a zip lock, cut off the corner and squeeze the cream into each strawberry for an easy, budget-friendly trick.
Calories: 145.17kcal | Carbohydrates: 12.75g | Protein: 4.09g | Fat: 9.5g | Saturated Fat: 1.68g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.72g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5.13g | Sodium: 101.57mg | Potassium: 186.73mg | Fiber: 1.2g | Sugar: 6.45g | Vitamin A: 2.98IU | Vitamin C: 14.87mg | Calcium: 15.74mg | Iron: 1.57mg