Buttermilk Blueberry Muffins
- 5 tablespoons Cold unsalted butter
- ½ cup Organic sugar
- 2 tablespoons Finely grated zest from ½ a lemon
- ¾ cup Plain unsweetened yogurt or sour cream
- 1 Large egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons Baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon Fine sea or table salt
- 1 ½ cups All-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups Blueberries, fresh or frozen (no need to defrost)
- 3 tablespoons Turbinado sugar Optional
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Line a muffin tin with 9 paper liners or spray each cup with a nonstick spray. Melt butter in the bottom of a large bowl and whisk in sugar, zest, yogurt and egg until smooth.
- Whisk in baking powder, baking soda and salt until fully combined, then lightly fold in flour and berries. Batter will be very thick, like cookie dough.
- Divide between prepared muffin cups and sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar to create a crunchy top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until tops are golden and a tester inserted into the center of muffins comes out clean.
- Let them cool in a pan for 10 minutes then remove and place on a rack until cooled.